For simple task tracking, it is not necessary that you have to use complex task management software. You can use a simple Excel Task Tracker to manage a few tasks. You can also use the excel template to manage a small number of issues.
This Excel template will help you manage your tasks by giving you a place to create a list of all the things that need doing. It also includes columns for tracking deadlines, progress made on each task, and any notes or comments.
Who all can use:
- Any business of any size
- Project managers working on multiple projects
- Team members to track their daily task list
- Help desk support management
Format: MS Excel
Fields or Columns in the Excel Task Tracker Template -
- No. (Serial Number)- A serial number for the tasks.
- Task / Issue Description- This is a brief description.
- Owner- This is the person responsible.
- Start and Due- The Start is when it is started and due is when it is due.
- Status- There are four statues
- TBD (To Be Done): Indicates need to be executed.
- WIP (Work In Progress): work is in progress.
- Late: Is delayed.
- Close: Is complete.
- Comments/Updates- This is the column where you can give the latest update.