For simple task tracking it is not necessary that you have to use a complex task management software. You can use a simple Excel Task Tracker to manage a few tasks. You can also use the excel template to manage a small number of issues.
Fields or Columns in the Excel Task Tracker Template -
- No. (Serial Number)- A serial number for the tasks.
- Task / Issue Description- This is a brief description.
- Owner- This is the person responsible.
- Start and Due- The Start is when it is started and due is when it is due.
- Status- There are four statues
- TBD (To Be Done): Indicates needs to be executed.
- WIP (Work In Progress): work is in progress.
- Late: Is delayed.
- Close: Is complete.
- Comments/Updates- This the column where you can give the latest update.