Resource Leveling Using MS Project
Multi-tasking has become the industry standard for most of us, and the days of performing just one task at a time have long passed. If a resource is allocated to multiple tasks at the same time, they might appear as over-allocated. An over allocation solution offered by Microsoft Project is resource leveling: A load balancing technique that allows MS Project to alter the start/finish dates so that the resources will be able to complete all their tasks during the available business hours.
Resource leveling is a technique that can be used to improve the alignment of project resources with workloads. This means that you will have more accurate schedule and resource data for your projects, which leads to better communication and increased efficiency.
Format: MS Excel, MPP
There are 3 ways to initiate resource-leveling –
- Automatic - Each time that MS Project recognizes that any resource is over-allocated the leveling process will occur automatically.
- Manual- The leveling will occur once the Microsoft Project user clicks on the “Level All” button. The user has control over the changes that occur following a leveling and can track and analyze the implications of it.
- Manual Resource by Resource- This option is similar to the manual one and has the same advantages and disadvantages, but the difference is that the user initiates the leveling one resource at a time.
1. Is it safe to provide my credit card/payment information?
YES, our store is powered by Shopify which is one of the most trusted e-commerce platforms. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. All Shopify stores include an SSL certificate that uses industry standard 256-bit encryption technology. This is the same level of encryption used by large banks to keep your information secure.
2. Will I get support if I have an issue or a query?
Definitely, yes, we have a dedicated support team who will happily assist. It can be an issue or any help with our templates. Our support policy is to address the customer query ASAP regardless of the product they purchase.
3. Is this a one time payment or monthly membership?
All our products are ONE TIME PAYMENT. We do not offer subscriptions so whatever you pay will be be one time.
4. How do I access my downloads?
After you checkout, you will be taken to a download page. You will also get a download link in your email.
5. What if the download link does not work?
Sometimes links can be blocked by a corporate firewall so please try using the link from a different network or from home. If you still cannot access drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use our Contact Us Page.
6. Do you provide refunds?
We will REFUND the full amount in the following scenarios -
- Templates don't work as described, and we cannot fix your problem in a reasonable time.
- Templates are missing from your download and we cannot provide you the same templates shown on the site.
- You are not able to access the download. We will try to provide different mediums but if none of them work for you then we will refund your amount. Check our Refund Policy.
7. What are the different types of payments accepted?
We accept PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Master Card , Amex and VISA.
8. Do these templates work with Excel?
Yes, the templates are built using MS Office so will work on Excel.
9. Can the templates be customized or edited?
Yes, our templates can be edited and changed as you need. But reselling of templates is not allowed.
10. Why do you have a logo on the documents?
The ITIL Docs logo is only visible on the template images. We do not use logos on templates so you can customize the template as needed.