RACI for emergency change management
RACI is a process that can be used to manage emergency change. RACI stands for: Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed.
The objective of Emergency Change Management is to:
- First, to define a standard procedure for handling emergency changes in the infrastructure.
- To understand the urgency of emergency changes and implement them without creating any incidents.
Emergency change management process:
- Emergency change is triggered when there is a sudden change or an important task that is about to happen.
- The change manager will be notified whether it is an emergency change. He will consult the change owner and decide whether it is an emergency change.
- The change owner will gather the functional and technical requirements to document the impact of the change.
- ECAB meeting is held to discuss the urgency and approval of change
Format: MS Excel
This template covers the following sections:
- Raise RFC for an emergency change
- Validate the need for an emergency change
- Convene ECB
- Approve a change
- Schedule, coordinate, build and implement change.
- Post Implementation Review