PMO Charter Template is a document that outlines the roles and responsibilities of project management officers on an organization. The charter template provides an outline for what each team member should do, how they should work together, and what they are accountable for.
Without a PMO Charter, PMOs are neglecting their existence and leaving their essence to chance, leading to PMOs that are misaligned with the actual needs of the business and where no one understands why a PMO is needed or what does the PMO do. The PMO Charter brings back the way behind the PMO and assigns meaning to its doing.
PMO Charter Template is a template that can be used by project managers in order to provide a framework for their projects. This helps make it easier to manage and monitor the progress of multiple projects at once. The PMO Charter Template includes all of the necessary information for each project, including: timeline, budget, objectives, scope and more!
- PMO Mission, Vision, and Values
- PMO Objectives: Objectives should be SMART - specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely - and it should be clear how the success of the PMO will be measured.
- PMO Customers and Stakeholders:
- PMO Structure: define what will be the roles required for the PMO team and their positioning in the hierarchical structure.
- PMO Service Offering: Lists the functions to be performed by the PMO.
- PMO Critical Success Factors: Critical success factors are all about the aspects that need to be in place for the PMO to be successful in its endeavor.