Configuration management is a process that helps organizations maintain consistency in their information systems. It also provides the ability to recover from disasters and to make changes without interrupting business operations.
It is an important process that helps maintain the integrity of a system through its whole life cycle. The goal of configuration management is to identify, create, store, distribute and install all information about software packages in order to manage them for their desired use.
- Our templates provide an example of how an organization might set up its configuration management processes.
- This template can be used by any organization to ensure that they are using best practices when it comes to managing their configuration management process.
Format: MS Word
The Enterprise Configuration Management Process template includes the following sections-
1. Configuration Management Process Overview
2. Configuration Management Process Flow
3. Configuration Management Lifecycle
4. Service providers