A Project Timeline is a visual display of major tasks and milestones listed in chronological order, with dates listed alongside them. The successful completion of all the tasks and milestones results in the completion of the project.
A word template for project timelines is a document that outlines the different steps of a project timeline. This includes what needs to be done at what time, and who will need to complete each task. It also includes deadlines and any other important pieces of information related to the project timeline.
Format: MS Word
Importance of project timeline -
- Helps to present a high-level plan of a project to the stakeholders, team members, vendors, clients, etc.
- It is very easy to visualize gaps, lapses, overlaps of tasks, and duration of the tasks.
- A good way to present the status of the project in the P vs A (Plan vs. Actual) method.
What does the project timeline contain?
- Color-code similar tasks.
- Display the timescale at the top.
- Present all the contingencies to any of the tasks.
- Present the dependencies between any two tasks.
- A task should be presented as a bar and a milestone as a rhombus.