Project closure is one of the more overlooked aspects of project management, but project managers highly value its benefits and importance to the project and future projects like it.
Project Closure is an open-source project that was designed to help companies close projects. Project Closure aims to provide a comprehensive set of tools for any company looking to make sure they are closing their projects in the most efficient way possible.
This template can help you in the following ways:
- Helps you to reflect on what went well, what didn't go so well, and how you want to improve in the future.
- This template will document the status of your project, who was involved with it, what you accomplished during this project, what outstanding items that need attention still exist within your organization or for this particular part of the process/project under consideration, and finally recommend next steps for moving forward.
Format: MS Word
This template covers the following sections:
- Project details- Enter the Project name details, approver, date
- Purpose of the report- Goals and expectations from the project
- Completion criteria- Project Milestones to be completed
- Project takeaways and best practices- Lessons learned and to be implemented in the next phase of the project or further projects.