The critical path of a work plan is made up of tasks that together determine the overall duration of a project. Each task that is a part of the critical path has zero slack, and this means that a delay of X days in any one of these tasks will result in a delay of X days in the entire project. These tasks are called critical tasks and deserve special attention due to their impact on the duration of the entire project.
It provides an easy-to-use interface that will make the process of managing projects from start to finish much easier and more efficient. MS Project Plan is a document that outlines tasks needed to complete an activity or group of activities within time constraints.
- The plan shows which tasks are critical for completing the project, and those that can be delayed or performed later if necessary.
- A Critical Path MS Project Plan will help you stay on track with your project by identifying potential obstacles before they happen!
The template covers the following sections:
- Task name - Name of project
- Duration - Time required to complete the project
- Start- start date of the project
- Finish - end date of the project
- Predecessors- shows the relationship of tasks with other tasks