ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) is a course that focuses on IT Service Management and how to manage it. It includes information about what an ITIL framework is, why you need one, and how to use it in your organization. The course also details the importance of change management, service strategy development, service design decisions, service transition planning, and execution processes.
This course will teach attendees about ITIL's MALC lifecycle, which consists of six phases:
- Planning and Preparation.
- Service Design.
- Service Transition.
- Operational Support and Improvement.
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- Release, Deployment, and Maintenance of services across the Lifecycle (RDM); and Disposal.
The course is designed for IT professionals who want to learn about and apply the best practices in IT Service Management. The MALC lifecycle will provide attendees with a framework that they can use to improve their organization's ability to deliver quality services.
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) is a course for IT professionals and managers. The objectives of this course include:
- To equip IT professionals, to understand the key concepts, terminology, and approaches to managing their work effectively.
- To enable them to identify where they can make changes to meet organizational goals.
- To give them the skills and tools needed for effective Management through project delivery life cycle phases - from inception right through to decommissioning of IT services.
- To help them better understand the business and how it interacts with technology so that they can more effectively deliver what is needed for their organization's success.
- The course contents include: - Project lifecycles, including projects from inception through delivery, operation, and decommissioning stages; requirements management; risk management.
It deals with planning, implementing, operating, maintaining, and improving its IT services.
The MALC Course Approach consists of two main components:
- The Foundation Learning Pathway (FLP) provides a basic understanding of the concepts behind managing across the lifecycle.
- The Advanced Learning Pathway (ALP) builds on this foundation by providing learners with opportunities to gain more specialist knowledge and skills over time.
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) is a process that helps you manage and deliver value across all stages of the IT service lifecycle.
- Introduction and Objectives of the Course.
- What is ITSM?
- Importance of ITIL in today's world and how it can be implemented at your organization.
- The role that peoples play in service delivery.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Service Strategy (Ones), Design (Twos), Transition (Threes), and Operation (Fours).
- Continual Improvement includes using metrics to measure performance against agreed targets for value delivered to customers, stakeholders, and owners.
- Change Management emphasizes how change can be planned effectively, anticipating possible unintended consequences or negative impacts.
- Achieving Continuous Improvement with ITIL Release, Control, Validation & Review Processes.
- Monitoring Business Impact with Change Management Processes.
Why Should You Attend ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)?
The MALC is designed for individuals responsible for all aspects of IT Service Management, including those who are just entering their careers and seasoned professionals looking to gain deep insight into this subject matter. Here's what you can expect.
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) is designed to help you, and your team better understand the ITIL framework. This course will teach you about:
- The key concepts in IT Service Management include service strategy, design, and transition.
- Processes for managing services across their lifecycles include strategy, design, and transition management.
- How to effectively manage assets such as people, processes, and technology with ITIL best practices like configuration management.
- A thorough understanding of how to use and manage services at different stages across the entire lifecycle.
- Multidisciplinary content that covers all aspects of service management.
- Interactive sessions where participants will learn through hands-on exercises and work in teams to solve real-world problems.
- Gain practical skills by working on a service delivery case study covering all four phases of the ITIL lifecycle, including Service Strategy -> Service Design ->Service Transition->Service Operation.
Who Should Attend ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)?
ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) is a three-day course that will help you understand how to manage IT services from initial design and development through operation, support, and optimization. The course covers all eight of the ITIL lifecycle stages with an emphasis on transitions between each stage.
MALC can be taken by anyone who wants to learn more about managing IT infrastructure in their organization, including managers with responsibility for one or more service areas; coordinators responsible for coordinating processes across several service areas; individuals working in roles such as Change Manager, Release Manager, Configuration Manager; Help Desk staff; Support Engineers; Service Level Managers; Business Analysts.
- Improved Quality: MALC enables quality assurance at all development and deployment stages.
- Reduced Costs: Organizations can reduce their costs by following best practices throughout their lifecycles.
- Increased Innovation: Service providers can continue to innovate as they develop new offerings.
- It increases efficiency across departments.
- Helps with compliance issues.
- Allows organizations to better plan projects.
- Ensures quality control by providing detailed instructions on how to perform tasks.
- Supports cross-departmental collaboration between teams like customer success, technical support, and application development.